You don’t have to go it alone!
Thank you for showing interest in POMBA!
Membership with POMBA is open to everyone – we just have one criteria to your participation- you must be a parent/guardian of multiples (twins, triplets, quads or more) aged under 18 in order to join POMBA.
Once your membership has been completed you’ll have access to all kinds of useful information and support.
Memberships are valid from July through June and are renewed annually.
- An email newsletter filled with upcoming events, tips and discounts for life with multiple birth children
- Evening social events for parents
- Mom’s Night Out
- Christmas Party and Summer Picnic
- Members only priority when shopping at the clothing and equipment sale
- First to register to sell clothing and used equipment at the clothing and equipment sale
- Discounts at local merchants, travel and national chains
- Access to our resources, including two members-only Facebook pages for networking, sharing and keeping up to date with the most recent news
- The chance to get involved! POMBA is a volunteer run organization, staffed only by volunteers. We are always eager to match an interested volunteer with a role or activity.
- Support resources that POMBA offers to our members:
Planning to breastfeed your multiples? Have questions and want them answered by someone who’s been there? POMBA offers a breastfeeding peer support program to help you navigate the challenges of breastfeeding your multiples. Experienced mothers of multiples, can offer you support and offer your breastfeeding questions before and after your babies are born.
The buddy support system is intended to offer advice and support by connecting our members. Buddies offer support through phone chats, emails and even coffee dates. Buddies can offer wisdom, insights and bit of humour, especially in the early days, or even while you are still pregnant. It’s someone to contact and ask questions, even just a voice of reassurance.
POMBA has a twin breastfeeding pillow rentals and hospital grade breast pump rentals.
Your POMBA membership also provides access to your membership with Multiple Births Canada. Two great organizations for one membership fee and form!
POMBA membership fees are as follows :
(Membership is prorated to half price if you join between January 1 and June 30)
- Family: $35 per year, renewable July 1
- Single Parent: $30
- Out of Town (more than 100 km from HRM): $30
- Alumni (multiples over 10): $20